Pinjarra Alliance’s Story: In 1887, Dr Albert B. Simpson, a Canadian with a burning desire to reach the lost in every part of the world founded the C&MA. His biography is Wingspread, by A.W. Tozer.
Pinjarra Alliance Church began in 1973 when Rev Bob Henry, our first National Director, met the Mullins family at a Keswick Convention. The Sherlock and the Mullin families responded to the Alliance vision, travelling some 80km to Perth each Sunday for worship. Pastor Noel Blyth began weekly afternoon worship meetings in the Pinjarra CWA hall in July 1975.
Pinjarra became an ‘unorganised’ church in March 1976 and Rev Ken and Leonie Iskov accepted a call to pastor this work in July ’76. A very small group of families stepped out in faith to buy two blocks of land and two buildings in February 1978. That year the church became known as ‘Pinjarra Alliance Church’. The story of how God secured this property is amazing.
Worship services have run in various venues over the years. The church used the Pinjarra High School drama room from 1981-92, under the ministry of Roger and Helen Lang. Then, in 2000, the church began a new building program, seeking to expand the current facilities and build a new meeting centre. Our last pastor, Ian Cullen, started in February 1986 and retired in December 2012. Then, in August 2014, the church welcomed Reverend John Coman and his wife Maria into the pastorate.
For more information, you can contact the church.